
My name is Bridey, but my full name is Bridget. Bridey isn't a nickname though..it's short for Bridget. So a lot of the time before teachers get to know me, which they rarely do, they call me "Bridget". I am never the one to correct them either. I sign my name "Bridget" on the papers I turn in...even at my new job I am called "Bridget" just because...I don't know... I am too self-conscious to correct them or what?...A lot of the time they say "And if you have a nickname tell me...and I'll change it" And I still don't make a peep because I don't consider "Bridey" a nickname. I think a part of me likes having two different names. That's why I don't say anything about it. My freshman year of high school not one person knew Bridey. I am both people equally...at first I'm usually Bridget than I'm Bridey.
Bridget is quiet as a church mouse, very shy, and extremely studious. Bridget is thoughtful during class, but unwilling to speak. She looks deeply into her prof's eyes and nods when he asks if the class is understanding him. She has crushes on her teachers. Bridget is always early for class and completely disconnected from her fellow classmates. She is content and controlled and knows it, and that makes her sad, but she's too scared to change.
Bridey makes fart jokes. She insists on having her window down and the music raised to an uncomfortable volume. She doodles all through class: caricatures of her teacher and sarcastic comments regarding the lecture. When Bridey looks at the teacher she burns holes of contempt right through his shirt to his soul. She is a horny daydreamer who is constantly sizing up every boy that walks into her class. She despises the way she looks, where as Bridget does not dwell on it. Bridey is always counting down the days in her planner towards some holiday or end of a diet that she never finishes. Bridey is insane and shows it where Bridget thinks she is fooling everyone. Bridey isn't feminine and she is uncomfortable with pretending to be so. Bridget is feminine, but empty. Bridey gets angry, Bridget has a lot of patience. But both Bridget and Bridey are extremely sensitive when it comes to relationships, especially when they are confronted with loneliness or jealousy.
No comments:
Post a Comment