Saturday, August 29, 2009

It was Always YOU! Melatonin: You ScReWed Me,BOY!

Hey Babies (my Conan impression), how is everyone? I'm just fine. (k impressions over.) So I am weaning myself off of Melatonin, a supplement that I've been taking steadily every night for the past year maybe more to help me sleep. I take triple the amount people are advised to take...well I USED to take that much. At first it worked and then I became immune so I took more!, which I thought was fine....like taking 3 motrins. Little did I know people who suffer or have suffered from depression which I have and have should NOT take melatonin because it WORSENS the symptoms.
I would have never started taking it if I was warned. It's an easy thing to find out, but I never bothered to look it up because I was highly recommended it, even with my history of depression and anxiety. Yada yada. To make a short story shorter: my love affair with melatonin is coming to a bitter end. Sheesh, I would pack it when I went on trips, I'd try different brands...some liquids...some pills. The reliance that I formed for it could not have helped me.
I saw a dear friend today and we had a nice day of shopping, Cheesecake Factory, and "Julie and Julia". Sounds like sucha "Just Us girls day" day! It was fun! I'm gonna miss her in the fall.
And now it is Saturday night. I'm back in my parents kitchen, going to NYC tomorrow afternoon and some anxiety is creepin'. I need a boyfriend to project this onto. I don't like sitting with it.

1 comment:

  1. JESUS, MARY, & JOSEPH! honey, melatonin's been known to do more than enhance depression...it has been linked to dangerous hallucinations regarding sales on expensive merchandise. in fact this one melatonin addict similar to you (naive college student, you know the type) purchased a pair of JCREW leopard flats thinking they were $19.95, when in fact they were $199.50....really unfortunate story. it's a mighty good thing that you've figured this out before you started experiencing similar symptoms!

    Anywho, this dear friend of yours sounds like a real sweetheart. A little birdy told me she had a great time with you as well and will also miss her this fall :( As far is this boyfriend you need to project your anxieties to,, well im single and ready to MiNgLeeeeeEEEeeee

    ReplyDelete