Friday, September 10, 2010

"You Don't Know What "Making Love" means, do you?"- Said to me in third grade by a snotty sixth grader

I don't think I did know what it meant, but I was like YEAH!!! Two naked bodies in bed together. I distinctly remember passing notes with my friend, Xani, in third grade. We were talking about different scenes from "The Wedding Singer"... our favorite movie in 1998. And Xani said something like "Remember when the girl says, 'you're gonna get laid if you come upstairs'?" and I was like "Yea, what's laid??" Xani: "SEX!!!!" I thought like whoa this sex thing sounds like a real big deal. I also remember sharing the book "James and the Giant Peach" with a Scottish boy who had a crush on me. The class was reading it aloud around the room and me and the Scottish kid had our heads next to each other, chins on the desk with the book in front of us. And I saw him looking at me, and we got eye contact and I got so nervous I flashed a HUGE TOOTHY SMILE and then looked back at the page. I remember going home thinking "I'm so Stupid! STUPID! STUPID!".
Eight years old must be a real plateau for me because I reference it a lot and I can't really distinguish who I was then with who I am now. I feel like I've felt the same way, had same personality since eight. I must be whacked out of my mind.
I watch GHOST today and cried, then watched "A Serious Man" which I find real watchable especially when you're having the blues, Also, MacGruber! Which I liked too. ... I got a hair cut! So, I HAVE been productive today in case you were wondering.
My dog is being a real fat ass tonight. Won't stop asking for treats. God, I feel ya buddy. Enjoy em'

No comments:

Post a Comment